At this point you have completed all the required documents and submitted them to
the Financial Aid office and provided Human Resources with the proper identification
in order to process payroll.
Each day you work, you are responsible to log the time you begin and end on the blue
work study time card.
Please be aware of the following:
- Time cards should be submitted to the Financial Aid office on the Wednesday following
the end of a pay period in order for the student to be paid during the current pay
cycle. Incomplete or late time cards received after the deadline may cause a delay
in payment to the student.
- Time cards should be handed in to Financial Aid in a sealed envelope with the signature
of the authorized supervisor across the seal.
- Any student working more than 5.45 (5 and ¾ hours) consecutively must take an unpaid
30 minute break. Regulations require that 30 minutes be deducted whether or not the
student has actually taken the break if hours exceed 5.45 hours.
- Any changes to a time card must be initialed by the authorized supervisor.
- Supervisors should notify Financial Aid in the event a student no longer works for
- Students cannot work beyond the amount of hours as stated on the Federal Work Study
Employment Authorization Form per week.
- Students cannot work during scheduled class time even if the class is canceled or
let out early.
- All departments must have a “work place sign in sheet” for each pay period. Federal
Work Study students are expected to sign in and out on the days they work. This sign
in sheet must be kept on file by the department and made available upon request from
the Financial Aid office.
- Federal Work Study students and supervisors should check their NCC email regularly
as this is now the main source of communication for all concerned.