- The department must notify Financial Aid of their interest to hire you. They must
email us with your name, N# and the name of the department you will be working.
- You must come to the Financial Aid office and complete the necessary paperwork:
- Federal Work-study Student Employment Authorization form - This form must be completed by the student, the Financial Aid office, the department
that hires you and finally brought to Human Resources with your original Social Security
Card and an official form of photo ID.
- Federal Work-study Program Contract - Responsibilities of a student employee.
- Privacy Statement - Agreement not to disclose any information you may have access
to on the job.
Not until the above required forms are completed and returned to the Financial Aid
office will you be allowed to begin work.
If you are receiving unemployment benefits and are also employed in the Federal Work
Study (FWS) program, you must notify your local unemployment office that you are working
in the FWS program. The New York State Department of Labor considers it willful misrepresentation
to collect unemployment benefits without revealing that you are also receiving FWS.