exclamation IconNCC Fall Semester

For the Fall, under the guidance of State and County officials, and placing health and safety first, NCC will provide the majority of courses that can be instructed remotely or online in this format. Courses that have critical components and require face-to-face instruction, including classes with lab components that cannot easily be replicated remotely, will be instructed on-campus in a face-to-face format following appropriate health and safety guidelines and procedures to maintain the safety of the NCC community.

Learn more about the College's Fall plan

Drop, Add or Withdrawal


  • Check the Academic/Student Calendar for drop/add deadlines if you are considering making changes to your schedule. For additional information, consult the Registrar's Office.
  • If you are uncertain about about whether making a change is a good idea, consult with an academic advisor.

Withdrawing from online courses

  • During the refund period, students can withdraw from an online course through MyNCC without completing a form. For refund information, contact Bursar.
  • After the refund period, see link on how to withdraw.

Policies regarding withdrawal from courses during the Fall and Spring Semesters

  • The refund period is the first three weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters. During this refund period, a course can be dropped online. Instructor's signature is not required and no grade will appear on the student’s transcript. If a student's credit load drops below 12 credits, he/she will be considered a part-time student.
  • During the fourth through the ninth week of the Fall and Spring semesters, students are automatically entitled to withdraw from a course but must obtain the instructor's signature on the Drop/Add form and submit the form to the Registrar's Office. If the instructor is unavailable, the department chairperson may sign the form.  A grade of W will appear on the student's transcript at the end of the semester. The student's GPA will not be affected.
  • A student who feels that an extenuating circumstance, such as a medical or personal emergency, warrants an exception from the withdrawal policy may appeal through the Dean of Students, College Center Building, Room 312, for excused Ws. Students who have a medical or personal emergency can also appeal for a refund through the President's Refund Committee (Tower, 5th Floor).

Withdrawal from nine (9) or more credits (including credit equivalents) after the Refund Period

  • Once the the Refund Period (first three weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters) has ended, a student who wishes to withdraw from 9 or more credits must obtain each instructor's signature on Drop/Add form.  In addition, the student must obtain the signature of a Counselor in the CERC Office located in Nassau Hall, Building M, Room 19, 516 572-7141.
  • Submit form at Office of the Registrar and keep student copy for your records.

Grading options (Incomplete, S/U, UU, Repeats, UW)

  • An incomplete (INC) grade may be given to a student who has almost satisfied course requirements. When a student receives an INC, he or she must complete the missing work before the end of the following semester. The student must contact the professor to make all completion arrangements. If the student does not make-up the missing work, the INC will automatically change into an F grade at the end of the semester.
  • A grade of S (satisfactory) is issued for successful completion of remedial courses. A grade of U (unsatisfactory) is issued when a student does not pass a remedial course. These grades have no impact on a student’s GPA. A student may repeat a remedial course, but will be academically dismissed from Nassau Community College after the third unsuccessful attempt in any remedial course.
  • A grade of UU is issued to a student who stops attending a remedial course.  This grade is considered an unofficial withdrawal and does not affect the student's overall GPA. 
  • A grade of UW is issued to a student who stops attending a credit-level course without officially withdrawing.  This grade will have the same impact as an F grade and will be calculated in the student's overall GPA.
  • When a student repeats a course, each course will be displayed on the student’s transcript, but only the most recent grade will be calculated in the student's overall GPA.

Top of page