The Fresh Start Program allows a student who has not been in attendance at Nassau
Community College (NCC) for a three year period (consisting of six semesters during
the Fall/Spring) to cancel grades lower than C earned during previous attendance.
- Canceled grades will not be calculated into the student's Grade Point Average (GPA)
nor credited towards a degree.
- A student may apply for this program during the semester he/she expects to complete
12 credits after re-entry
- A candidate must complete the twelve (12) credit hours within two academic years from
the time of re-entry.
- Grades in all credit courses taken after re-entry must be C or higher. A student will
be permitted withdrawal W grades only if he/she has medical or personal exceptions
authorized and accepted by the Dean of Students.
- All previously taken courses and the resulting grades will still be displayed on the
- Fresh Start does not apply to NCC graduates returning to the College for further study.
- Applications may be obtained from the Academic Advisement Office.