Study Abroad Health & Safety Resources

Health Insurance (United Healthcare):

United Healthcare
A NCC student who is approved to study abroad on an NCC (faculty-led) program must purchase health insurance through United Healthcare through the Office of International Education; this site listed above is for reference only, NOT for individual purchases of travel insurance.

Health Insurance – Healthiest You: 24/7 Doctor Access:

This site is for students who have already purchased health insurance for a study abroad program, and need to access the 24/7 Doctor Access service.

Center for Disease Control and Prevention:

All participants in any overseas programs should familiarize themselves with information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention specific to the country where they will be studying.

Travel Alerts and Travel Warnings:

Travel Advisories
The US Department of State shares information in the form of Travel Alerts and Travel Warnings about political, natural and social instability as a warning for U.S. Citizens traveling abroad. Their portal can be used a resource for the most up to date information for Americans abroad.

Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP):

Smart Traveler Enrollment
Note: The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Though enrollment is not required, it is highly recommended.

U.S. Department of State:

U.S. Students Abroad
Students and their families should be aware that the U.S. Department of State maintains a website for U.S. citizen students who are, or will be, studying abroad.

Top of page