NYGEAR UP 7th YR provides services to students through their first year of attendance
at an institution of higher education.
- Orientation services including introduction to on-campus services and resources;
- On-going counseling to students either in person or through electronic or other means
- Assistance with course selection for the second year of postsecondary education;
- Assistance with choosing and declaring an academic major;
- Assistance regarding academic, social, and personal areas of need;
- Referrals to providers of appropriate services;
- Tutoring, mentoring, and supplemental academic support;
- Assistance with financial planning;
- Career counseling and advising services; and
- Advising students about transferring to other schools.
- Must have graduated from Hempstead High School, class of 2020
If you have questions please contact: 516.572.3573
Jan Figueira, NYGEAR UP Director: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org