exclamation IconNCC Fall Semester

For the Fall, under the guidance of State and County officials, and placing health and safety first, NCC will provide the majority of courses that can be instructed remotely or online in this format. Courses that have critical components and require face-to-face instruction, including classes with lab components that cannot easily be replicated remotely, will be instructed on-campus in a face-to-face format following appropriate health and safety guidelines and procedures to maintain the safety of the NCC community.

Learn more about the College's Fall plan

Returning/Re-Admit Student

You are considered a returning student if you attended NCC as a degree-seeking student and left at least a year ago (two or more semesters) without attending another institution. Once you have been re-admitted, you may speak to an advisor to discuss your current and/or future semesters during Student Services Office Hours. The Office of Academic Advisement reserves the right to discontinue sign-in earlier than the posted hours when our volume of activity requires it.

  • See exceptions below for number of developmental courses, Academic Standing and Program of Study.
  • Students in programs other than Liberal Arts should contact their academic department to inquire about advisement.
  • NCC photo ID card, Government-issued photo ID or High School photo ID with a copy of birth certificate is required for sign-in. Students will be advised in the order they have arrived.
  • Weekend advisement is available for students in Liberal Arts and other Programs. Please go to Weekend College for more information.

Exception for students in the Department of Critical Reading and Academic Advancement (DCRAA):

DCRAA students are based on reading developmental placement. Please contact the department at 516.572.7464 ext 0.

Exception by number of developmental courses to be completed:

Currently attending or returning Liberal Arts students with two or three developmental courses to be completed should contact the Department of Student Personnel Services at 516.572.7506 for hours or please visit Building M (Nassau Hall), Room 11.

Exceptions by Academic Standing

All Liberal Arts Students on "Academic Warning" contact the office of the Center for Educational and Retention Counseling (CERC) located in Building M (Nassau Hall), Room 19. Please call for hours at: 516.572.7141. All students on "Academic Probation" regardless of major must see a counselor from the Center for Educational and Retention Counseling (CERC) located in Building M, Room 19. Please call for hours at: 516.572.7141.

Exceptions by Programs of Study

The following programs are advised by their department: Administrative Business Technology, Art, Allied Health Science Programs (Medical Laboratory Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiation Therapy Tech, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care and Surgical Technology), Computer Science, Engineering, Fashion Design, Information Technology, Interior Design, Mathematics, Mortuary Science, Music, Nursing and Studio Recording.

Top of page