Coming Soon: Dates for the 2020-2021 NCC Assessment Orientation and Workshops
Below are links to various assessment-related events, symposia and conferences. Many
of these events are annual events.
- Begin data collection on your key learning outcomes as early as possible so that you
have time to discuss findings and action plans with your colleagues& prior to submitting your annual report on June 1.
- The Annual Assessment Overview consists of the following three sections: Update on
Departmental Assessment Committee; Update on Departmental Assessment Plan; and an
Assessment Summary. All sections must be completed in Taskstream by June 1, unless an extension has been requested ahead of time.
- This year, we will focus on collecting General Education Learning Outcomes for Social
Science, Natural Sciences and the Institutional Learning Outcomes of Information Literacy and Global Awareness, Pluralism
and Diversity. Departments should identify the appropriate courses from which to gather
assessment findings for these outcomes.
- Assessment Plans should be refined for all program/department workspaces.
- Curriculum maps must be completed for all programs and certificates. All courses serving degree and/or certificate programs should be included in the
curriculum maps for these programs. If you need assistance with this process, please
contact your Assessment Fellow.
- This year, we will also focus on using more indirect measures and multiple measures of student learning to support the reliability and
validity of our assessments. Please consult with your Assessment Fellow and your Departmental
Assessment Representative to the ASAC for guidance on how to use indirect measures,
such as surveys and focus groups.
- If your assessment plans were delayed due to the disruptions in Spring 2020, please
make sure you complete those activities by the end of this semester.
- Our 2017-2020 assessment cycle ended as of Spring 2020. Please have a new three-year
cycle prepared in Taskstream by the end of Fall 2020.
- This year, the General Education learning outcomes that we are assessing are:
- Social Science
- Natural Science
- Foreign Language: Culture
- This year, the Institutional Learning Outcomes that we are assessing are:
- Information Literacy
- Global Awareness
- A complete report on your assessment activities and progress on your action plans
is due to OAPR by June 1, 2021.